Initiation Ceremony Information
Wednesday, 15 March 2023 - 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm MDT
Wilkinson Student Center (WSC) Garden Court and Ballroom
Keynote Speaker: Justin Collings, BYU Associate Academic Vice President
6:00-7:00 pm (Garden Court) - Light Buffet Dinner and Registration/Packet Pick-Up
- Packet contents
- Phi Kappa Phi graduation ribbon (pinned to the left shoulder of your graduation gown)
- Phi Kappa Phi pin
7:00-8:00 pm (Ballroom) - Initiation Ceremony
- Introduction to Phi Kappa Phi
- Musical performance
- Presentation of awards
- Initiation ceremony
- Keynote address
Parking: Guest parking is available in the visitor parking lot (lot 26V) just east of the Wilkinson Center.
RSVP: All new Phi Kappa Phi members will receive an email with RSVP instructions prior to the initiation ceremony.
Extra ceremony tickets: Ceremony tickets for additional guests are $15 each and can be purchased through the BYU transaction website. Please bring your digital receipt for extra guest tickets to the ceremony.
Dress: Sunday dress is appropriate.
Photos: If you bring your camera, there will be photo spots for you to take a souvenir pictures in the Garden Court. Please be courteous of others who may also want a photo.
Regalia: A Phi Kappa Phi medallion or cord can be worn at graduation in lieu of the ribbon provided in our packet. These items can be purchased for $15 each through one of the following ways:
- Purchase Phi Kappa Phi regalia (cords and medallions) at the initiation ceremony, or
- Purchase Phi Kappa Phi regalia through the BYU transaction website.
- Show your digital receipt to the receptionist in Room 350 MSRB (Undergraduate Education Dean’s Office)
- Pick up your cord and/or medallion.
- Purchase additional recognition items (tassels, honor stoles) from the National Phi Kappa Phi website.
Late arrivals: If you cannot pick up your packet before the program begins, it will be available immediately following the program.
Any questions? Contact membership_PKP@byu.edu