About the Award
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi established its Excellence in Innovation Award in 2014 to recognize colleges and universities for their achievements in finding powerful answers to important local, regional, national, or global challenges, as well as to raise awareness of the importance of encouraging innovation in higher education.
The biennial award, valued at $100,000, is awarded to an institution that:
- demonstrates best practice in implementing and assessing innovative programs or services, irrespective of resources needed;
- uses innovative and substantive solutions to achieve meaningful, measurable outcomes to improve the lives of others and create systemic large-scale change; and
- has a sustained model program or service that both demonstrates transformative results and reflects the values of Phi Kappa Phi.
- All regionally accredited baccalaureate or higher degree-granting four-year colleges or universities in the United States are eligible to apply.
- Only one submission per institution will be accepted.
- Submission must include the signatures of the university president/chancellor and provost/chief academic officer.
National Office (including application instructions and online application)